Though the restaurant chain Dog Haus is best known for its all-beef Haus Dogs and handcrafted Haus Sausages, the chain recently debuted it's first-ever vegan item: the Take Bánh Mì.
To create the Take Bánh Mì, Dog Haus teamed up with Chef Ilan Hall, who was the winner of Top Chef season two. Hall helped to create a vegan version of a bánh mì sandwich by using an Impossible burger patty as the base. The plant-based meat is then paired with pickled vegetables, cilantro fresh jalapeños, a spicy vegan mayo, chili oil, and hoisin sauce. The whole thing is then served on a vegan ciabatta roll.
The one-of-a-kind Take Bánh Mì will be available at Dog Haus locations nationwide now through December, and $1 from every sandwich sold will be donated to Dog Haus’ national charity partner, No Kid Hungry.
Image Credit: Dog Haus.
Dog Haus' New Take Bánh Mì is It's First-Ever Vegan Menu Item
1. Plant-based Meats - Opportunity to explore more vegan alternatives in the food industry, particularly in the fast-casual sector.
2. Collaboration with Celebrity Chefs - Potential for restaurants to team up with renowned chefs to create unique and innovative menu items.
3. Charitable Partnerships - Chance for businesses to support philanthropic causes through special menu items and donations.
1. Fast-casual Restaurants - Fast-casual chains can capitalize on the growing demand for plant-based options, like vegan sandwiches.
2. Food Service - Opportunity for food service providers to introduce more plant-based meat alternatives in their offerings.
3. Charitable Organizations - Charitable organizations can partner with businesses to create fundraising initiatives through specially designed menu items.