Sushito is the combination of sushi and burrito. Created by Toby of Unami Sushi & Asian Grill, the vegan and vegetarian-friendly menu consists of 19 different Sushito flavors. Toby says, "We want our sushi to be known as a product that you can feel good eating.” Each sushi burrito roll consists of rice, fresh fish, veggies, cream cheese, tempura flakes, seaweed salad and your favorite sauces in a soy wrap.
This quick service item makes for a healthy alternative to fast food. The sushi burrito is a great spin-off of the traditional hand roll, however, it is enclosed in a soy wrap instead of seaweed. Mixing Mexican and Japanese cuisines has proven to become the next big thing for sushi.
Sushito is the Brain Child of Unami Sushi & Asian Grill Owner
1. Sushi Burrito Hybrids - The combination of sushi and burrito creates a new breed of quick service item.
2. Ethnic Cuisine Fusion - Combining traditional dishes with exotic recipes creates a unique blend of flavors.
3. Healthy Fast Food - Fast food can be healthy and delicious at the same time.
1. Fast Casual Restaurants - The concept of combining two different cuisines makes it an attractive option for fast food chains to innovate.
2. Food Trucks - It’s a perfect option for food trucks to tap into the fast and healthy food industry.
3. Grocery Retailers - Retailers can offer sushi burrito kits for customers to create their own sushi burritos and enjoy at home.