Vans introduce its inaugural Surf Boots inspired by skate culture, highlighting its signature checkerboard pattern design on the two new silhouettes. The recognizable design is showcased on a repurposed design fit for water treading rather than the skate park.
The surf boots arrive in two cuts -- a mid and a high top structure, both of which are constructed to have a good grip on the board. The mid-top silhouette is fit for warm water conditions, whereas the high-cut iteration prepares for colder water temperatures and also has a rubber-made upper to protect the foot. The mid-cut iteration is constructed from neoprene accented with perforated ports on the sides in order for seamless water flow and temperature regulation.
Vans Unveiled a Small Capsule of Skate-Inspired Surf Boots
1. Surf Skate Crossover - Opportunity for combining elements of skate culture and surf gear for innovative product designs.
2. Signature Design Adaptation - Potential for incorporating recognizable patterns and motifs from one product line to another, creating a unique aesthetic.
3. Functional Hybrid Footwear - Possibility to create multipurpose shoes that seamlessly transition from skateboarding to water-based activities.
1. Sporting Goods - Chance for sporting goods manufacturers to explore unique collaborations and crossovers to cater to niche markets.
2. Fashion/apparel - Opportunity for apparel brands to leverage iconic design elements for different product categories, expanding their brand reach.
3. Outdoor Recreation - Potential for outdoor gear companies to develop innovative and functional footwear for water-based activities.