SuperShoes are curious high-tech shoes that use tickling patterns to communicate typical smartphone functions to your feet. The sole of each shoe is fitted with a micro-controller, Bluetooth chip, capacitative pad (under the big toe) and three vibro-tactile motors (under the smaller toes).
Users register for the online ShoeCentral platform and record their favorite places, people, hobbies, foods, etc. The SuperShoes then pair with the user’s smartphone and act as a guide, tickling both feet when they have a suggestion for a nearby place you might be interested in checking out.
The SuperShoes can also act as a navigation tool. Before you set off for your destination, simply enter it on the smartphone app and the motors will deliver tickles to either your left or right foot, depending on which way you need to turn.
The ‘SuperShoes’ Tickle Your Feet to Communicate Smartphone Functions
1. Smartphone-integrated Shoes - Opportunity for footwear companies to develop innovative shoes that integrate smartphone functions through sensory stimulation.
2. Haptic Communication - Opportunity for technology companies to explore haptic feedback as a means of communication between devices and users.
3. Location-based Suggestions - Opportunity for location-based service providers to incorporate sensory cues, such as foot tickling, to enhance user experience and engagement.
1. Footwear - Disruptive innovation opportunity for footwear companies to create smart shoes that enhance user interaction with smartphones.
2. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity for technology companies to develop haptic communication devices that provide unique sensory experiences.
3. Location-based Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity for location-based service providers to leverage haptic feedback to deliver personalized suggestions and navigation guidance to users.