Dean Robert Smith is a graphic designer hailing from the UK that recently redesigned the characters from The Avengers in a series of simple superhero sketches that highlight the crimefighters at their most basic. The illustrations strip the characters down to their preliminary linear outlines highlighting the artistry behind the design.
At the heart of all popular superheroes is the comic books and graphic novels from which they were first adapted from, as Smith's designs showcase. These graphics capture the simplicity of the heroes and their glorious costumes with clean shapes and lines without any interior color fill. Despite the lack of shading, highlighting and detail, the images still capture the essence of the characters and their timeless glory.
These Drawings of the Avengers Show the Characters in Simple Shapes
1. Simplified Character Design - Opportunity for graphic designers to create minimalist and iconic character designs for branding and merchandising.
2. Nostalgic Remakes - Opportunity for designers to reimagine beloved characters in a simple and nostalgic style, appealing to fans of classic comic book aesthetics.
3. Artistic Minimalism - Opportunity for artists to explore the beauty and impact of minimalistic art styles in capturing the essence of well-known characters.
1. Graphic Design - Graphic designers can leverage simplified character design trends to create visually striking and easily recognizable brand identities for companies.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can capitalize on nostalgic remakes by producing merchandise and adaptations that appeal to fans of classic comic book aesthetics.
3. Art and Illustration - Artists and illustrators can embrace artistic minimalism to create unique and captivating interpretations of popular characters, attracting collectors and enthusiasts.