Superhero drawings are a popular pass time among many artists, but illustrator Andrés Moncayo is adding more of a rockstar twist to his superhero works. The New York-based artist likes to imagine superheroes as rock musicians.
Batman is now suitable to be the next member of KISS, Superman looks like a member of the Foo Fighters and Wonder Woman could easily replace Amy Lee of Evanescence. Moncayo even studied how bands normally pose in photographs and illustrated each superhero in a similar, nonchalant matter.
All of the superheroes' color palettes are still intact, but their uniforms have been swapped out for edgy outfits. For example, Superman is wearing a red T-shirt that is teared to form the letter 'S' instead of his usual spandex getup.
Andrés Moncayo's Superhero Drawings Have a Punk Rock Finesse
1. Punk Rock Superheroes - There is a trend towards presenting iconic comic book heroes as edgy, punk rock musicians.
2. Alternative Superhero Uniforms - There is a trend towards creating alternative fashion designs for traditional superhero uniforms.
3. Musical Superhero Parodies - There is a trend towards re-imagining superheroes as members of musical bands with parody posters and illustrations.
1. Entertainment - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity to create new TV shows, movies, and multimedia content featuring punk rock superhero characters and storylines.
2. Fashion - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity to create a new line of alternative fashion designs for modern superhero costumes.
3. Art - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity to develop new art exhibits and merchandise featuring punk rock superhero illustrations and prints.