SinceDayOne is the multi-disciplinary, award-winning design company behind Super Special Sneakers. Based in Sofia, Bulgaria, the brand spends a huge amount of its creative efforts in the quest for timeless design formulas, with a strong focus on reviving and redesigning pieces from the past that it believes can live forever.
The design company's most recent example of reborn classics -- the Super Special Sneakers -- are classic canvas sneakers first born in 1951. The sneakers were originally named Super Special by their anonymous creators from the Central Modelling Department in former Czechoslovakia and were found in an old production book that SinceDayOne's team fell in love with.
Originally designed for hiking, the Super Special Sneakers can be versatile and fit the urban landscape too. The retro-themed shoes are made modern but remain produced on the same old production line as the original, one of the oldest in the world, while using the same vulcanizing technology and the same great choice of natural materials. The shoes feature heavyweight cotton canvas, high endurance lacing, vulcanized midsoles and country style rubber outsoles. Additionally, SinceDayOne added a specially developed water-repelling wax to protect them from bad weather conditions, giving their owners even more freedom.
Super Special Sneakers are a 50s-Inspired Shoe Made Modern
1. Classic Sneakers Revival - The classic sneaker trend is gaining popularity, presenting an opportunity for brands to revive and redesign retro-themed shoes with modern twists.
2. Sustainable Footwear - The use of natural materials, such as heavyweight cotton canvas and rubber outsoles, presents an opportunity for shoe brands to create sustainable and environmentally-friendly footwear.
3. Versatility in Design - Creating versatile and functional shoe designs that can fit both urban settings and outdoor activities can be a unique selling point for brands and an opportunity for disruptive innovation.
1. Footwear Industry - The footwear industry can incorporate retro-themed designs and natural materials to create sustainable, versatile and functional shoe products that appeal to modern consumers.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can incorporate classic sneaker designs into their retro-themed collections, exploring new innovations in sustainable fashion.
3. Retail Industry - The retail industry can capitalize on the trend of classic sneaker revival by selling vintage-inspired shoes that appeal to environmentally-conscious and fashion-forward customers.