Adidas, the German footwear brand, recently joined forces with high-end porcelain manufacturer Meissen to create a stunning, one-of-a-kind pair of sneakers that retailer at over $1 million at auction. The new launch is part of the brand's A-ZX program, where Adidas Originals teams up with select partners from around the globe to create artwork in a sneaker format.
The unique sneakers took over six months to create, having been hand-painted by four individual panters while moving between both brands' headquarters. "Elements like the Torsion clip in the midsole, the ZX heel cup, the lace lock, tongue tag, the Three Stripes, and the ZX-specific eyestay component were replaced with custom porcelain pieces painstakingly integrated into the sneaker."
The shoe acts more as artwork than footwear to be worn.
Image Credit: Adidas
Adidas Teams Up With Porcelain Maker Meissen to Create Sneakers
1. Luxury Sneaker Collaborations - Adidas partnering with high-end porcelain manufacturer Meissen opens up new opportunities for luxury sneaker collaborations.
2. Sneaker as Art - The sneaker as art trend continues, as illustrated by Adidas and Meissen's one-of-a-kind hand-painted porcelain sneakers.
3. Customizable Sneakers - The integration of custom porcelain pieces in the Adidas and Meissen collaboration hints at a trend of customizable sneakers.
1. Footwear Manufacturing - The Adidas and Meissen collaboration demonstrates the potential for innovation in the high-end footwear manufacturing industry.
2. Luxury Goods - The one-of-a-kind, hand-painted porcelain sneakers created by Adidas and Meissen open up new avenues for innovation in the luxury goods industry.
3. Art and Design - The collaboration between Adidas and Meissen to create one-of-a-kind sneakers blurs the lines between footwear and art, opening up opportunities for innovation in the art and design industry.