Miami is known to be a bustling city that is brimming with art, music and culture and this striped art is a reflection of the city's vibrancy.
The large mural was painted onto the SLS Brickell Hotel and created by Markus Linnenbrink -- who is well-known for his striped art. The multi-colored mural completely covers the facade of this building and takes up 40,000 square meters of space. From afar, the viewer can see multiple vertical lines of color that give the building a striking and playful look, while closer to the building the vertical lines are shown to be somewhat imperfect. The blending, fading and asymmetry of the lines that make up this mural make it resemble watercolor paintings.
This expansive mural was designed to make the area it is placed in more colorful and vibrant and it accomplishes just that.
This Striped Art Was Painted onto a Building to Liven Up the Area
1. Striped Art - Opportunity for artists to incorporate bold and colorful striped patterns into various forms of art and design.
2. Vibrancy Enhancement - Increasing demand for large-scale murals and artwork to liven up urban spaces and create a sense of energy and vibrancy.
3. Imperfection Aesthetic - Embracing imperfections and asymmetry in art to create unique and captivating visual experiences.
1. Art and Design - Artists and designers can leverage striped patterns and vibrant colors to create visually striking and appealing artworks, installations, and products.
2. Hospitality - Hotels and resorts can utilize large-scale murals and colorful artwork to enhance the aesthetic appeal and overall experience for guests.
3. Urban Revitalization - Urban planners and developers can integrate vibrant murals and artistic elements into revitalization projects to transform and uplift neighborhoods.