Tech accessory brand String Ting has tapped Magda Archer to release a collection of unique phone chains. Archer has gained notoriety from past works with Marc Jacobs and COMME des GARÇONS, and now the artist’s playful touch will grace pieces from String Ting.
The phone chain channels nostalgia and the aesthetic of the early 2000s with a large pink flower charm and multicolor friendship bracelet beading. Archer’s artwork sits inside of the oversized charm, referencing her grandmother and French heritage. “Life is Beautiful” is written in English and French on the image.
“To me, the message of “La Vie Belle” is a reminder to not take things for granted,” Archer comments. The handmade phone strap is available on String Ting’s website.
Image Credit: String Ting
Magda Archer and String Ting Release a Unique Wristlet Phone Strap
1. Nostalgic Phone Accessories - The popularization of nostalgic phone accessories, such as beaded phone straps, fuel an opportunity for companies to capitalize on the longing for simpler times.
2. Artistic Tech Collaborations - Tech accessory brands tapping popular artists and designers for collaborations can unlock new and unique product lines.
3. Multicultural Artistic Expressions - Designs that reference multicultural heritage and personal stories can provide a unique selling point and disrupt the tech accessory market with meaningful design choices.
1. Fashion Technology - The fashion technology industry should shift towards creating unique phone accessories that center on art and design, rather than simply function and utility.
2. Handicrafts - Phone accessories made with handicrafts offer a selling point that emphasizes not only function but also quality and skillful work.
3. Art and Design - The art and design industry can take hold of artistic collaborations with tech accessory brands to create products that represent multicultural heritage and personal stories.