Nars partnered with the fashion house Erdem to release 'Strange Flowers' -- a collaborative makeup line that sits on the intersection of cosmetics and fashion.
The 13-piece collection is comprised of lip and eye shadow palettes, six lipstick hues, a multi-use highlighting pencil, blotting papers and two blushes. The product line made its debut during Erdem's Fall/Winter 2018 show at London Fashion Week, where the Nars-made cosmetics were worn by the models. Featuring the same color palette as the clothing line, the cosmetics boast hues that range from deep purple to bright reds.
To top it all off, this line arrives in lush floral packaging that was created by the designer and elicits a sense of glamour and elegance.
Image Credit: Nars
Nars' 'Strange Flowers' Collection Was Made with Erdem
1. Collaborative Makeup Collections - The partnership between Nars and Erdem highlights the trend of cosmetics brands collaborating with fashion houses to create unique makeup lines.
2. Fashion-inspired Color Palettes - The 'Strange Flowers' collection showcases the trend of makeup brands drawing inspiration from fashion designs to create color palettes that complement clothing lines.
3. Luxury Packaging Design - The lush floral packaging of the 'Strange Flowers' collection points to the trend of cosmetics brands aiming to create elegant and glamorous packaging experiences for consumers.
1. Cosmetics - The cosmetics industry can explore opportunities for collaboration with fashion houses to create limited-edition collections and tap into new consumer markets.
2. Fashion - Fashion designers can find disruptive innovation opportunities by partnering with cosmetics brands to expand their product offerings and create cohesive fashion and beauty experiences.
3. Packaging Design - The packaging design industry can capitalize on the trend of luxury packaging by creating innovative and visually captivating packaging solutions for cosmetics and fashion products.