Australian-based furniture designer Elliot Bastianon recently unveiled a set of furniture pieces entitled 'Straight Lines.' The collection is comprised out of structures in rectangular shapes constructed out of wood. The upholstery that can be seen through the grids creates a textual contrast of both soft and hard materials.
Elliot Bastianon's Straight Lines furniture collection features chairs, sofas, coffee tables and a bench. A common element that all the pieces share is the foundation form that they all rest on top of. Some of the foundation pieces remains in their original form, but others have a colorful finish. The color palette is bright and captivating, featuring colors such as bright blue, bright yellow and light green.
Image Credit: Elliot Bastianon
Elliot Bastianon Designed 'Straight Lines' Gridded Furniture Pieces
1. Grid-foundation Furniture - The concept of grid and foundation could be applied to different furniture pieces to create a new visually appealing trend.
2. Minimalist Decor - The use of rectangular shapes and clean lines in furniture design, like Bastianon's, has the potential to contribute to a growing trend of minimalism in home decor.
3. Mixed Material Design - Incorporating both soft and hard materials, like the upholstery used in Bastianon's Straight Lines collection, can be used to create unique and innovative pieces that appeal to consumers.
1. Furniture - Furniture companies can incorporate grid design and color into their product lines to capitalize on a growing minimalist consumer trend.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can experiment with mixed materials and bold color palettes, using Bastianon's collection as inspiration for creating inventive and unique spaces.
3. Textile Design - Textile designers can explore ways to integrate grids and rectangular shapes into fabrics and textiles, turning them into a key element of furniture design as shown in Bastianon's collection.