The sub-genre of fantasy and speculative Victorian fiction that is Steampunk has crept into retro-gaming once again. The monster MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) is a creepy and creative arcade style multi-platform game.
Steampunk fanatic Doug Haffner created the awesome arcade mod suitably named 'Dr. Victor Frankenstein Monster Arcade' from scratch utilizing both vintage styling and modern technology.
Haffner's spectacular use of backlighting adds to the specter of this spooky steampunk monster machine.
Implications - With so many modern products hitting the market, many individuals are yearning for commodities of times gone by. Companies would be wise to offer retro products that induce a sense of nostalgia among users, as this will attract a large consumer base.
Monster MAME is a Franken-Fresh Take on Retro-Gaming
1. Steampunked Retro Gaming - The fusion of steampunk-inspired aesthetics and retro gaming presents opportunities for creative and unique gaming experiences.
2. Nostalgia Marketing - Capitalizing on people's emotional attachment to the past can drive sales and foster brand loyalty.
3. DIY Arcade Modding - Empowering consumers to create their own personalized gaming experiences can cultivate a passionate and loyal fanbase.
1. Gaming - Exploring the intersection between steampunk-inspired aesthetics and retro gaming can lead to innovative game design and immersive experiences.
2. Consumer Electronics - Offering retro-inspired products that harness modern technology can appeal to consumers looking for a unique and nostalgic user experience.
3. Home Decor - Steampunk-inspired retro gaming machines offer an opportunity to create distinctive and eye-catching home decor products.