For you non-nerds: Star Wars was released 30 years ago. A special 41 cent Star Wars stamp will be issued May 25 to commemorate the 30th anniversary. Fans voted for their favorite Star Wars stamp at the UPS Jedi Master Store
Insert Star Wars cliche here...
Implications - Stamp collectors thrive off of purchasing commemorative stamps as they tend to increase in value over time. By having these unique stamps, the collector feels that the small investment will pay off in the long run. Commemorative stamps also keep the snail-mail business alive, as they appeal to a larger demographic. By creating a unique twist on conventional products, businesses will be able to better-sell products to interested consumers.
1. Stamp Collecting - Opportunity to create innovative and valuable commemorative stamps that appeal to collectors.
2. Snail-mail Marketing - Opportunity to leverage unique stamps as a way to attract and engage a larger audience for direct mail campaigns.
3. Nostalgic Branding - Opportunity to tap into the emotional connections of consumers through the use of popular iconic symbols such as Star Wars on stamps.
1. Collectibles - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create limited edition stamps that hold value over time for collectors.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity to incorporate unique and attention-grabbing stamps in direct mail campaigns.
3. Brand Licensing - Disruptive innovation opportunity to collaborate with popular franchises, such as Star Wars, to create branded stamps that resonate with consumers.