Thousands of sports fans have been disappointed by event cancellations last year and this year, Subway brought the authentic stadium experience to the homes of fans. For a pair of England fans, Subway and football legend Chris Kamara created a DIY stadium that could be set up in the backyard.
Thanks to a team of designers and technicians, the sports fans got to experience a panoramic view that provided a sense of immersion in the televised event. The setup also included a two-meter screen, surround sound, a professional-quality AstroTurf pitch and floodlights to illuminate the scene in the evening.
Perfect for football fans, Subway newly launched Match Day Bundles that include finger foods like the all-new Nacho Chicken Bites, Nacho Chicken Sub and Potato Crispers.
Subway Brought the Stadium Experience to Fans' Gardens
1. Backyard Stadium Experiences - The trend of creating backyard stadiums is growing as more events are cancelled due to the pandemic and at-home entertainment is becoming more popular.
2. DIY Immersive Viewing Experience - The trend of creating DIY immersive viewing experiences at home, using advanced technologies and creative setups, is gaining popularity among sports fans who want to have the sensation of being in a stadium.
3. Food Bundles for Sports Fans - The trend of offering food bundles for sports fans who watch events from home is growing, as brands such as Subway aim to provide a complete experience to viewers.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage the trend of backyard stadium experiences to create innovative products and services that provide immersive and realistic viewing experiences for people who can't attend live events.
2. Sports - The sports industry can leverage the trend of DIY immersive viewing experiences to create new revenue streams, and offer additional services that enhance the fan experience.
3. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can leverage the trend of food bundles for sports fans to create new product offerings, and tap into the growing market of people who prefer to watch events from home.