This app is trying to reinvent the spreadsheet interface to be more functional on an everyday basis. The organizational tool Airtable hopes to make databases more intuitive to use, especially for mobile users. Existing as a web and smartphone app, Airtable is remarkably straightforward and simple.
In addition to a sleek spreadsheet interface, the team developed a "powerful relational database." This enables people to filter and order a large variety of information dynamically. This element of dynamism is a huge differentiator when it comes to traditional spreadsheet tools, such as Microsoft Excel. Airtable is also designed to incorporate images, video and other services like Google Drive, Evernote and Dropbox. Colleagues can even use @ mentions in the note sections, making it a collaborative tool internally.
The Airtable App Features a New and Intuitive Spreadsheet Interface
1. Reimagined Database Apps - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in reinventing database interfaces to be more functional and intuitive for everyday use.
2. Intuitive Spreadsheet Interfaces - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing spreadsheet interfaces that are sleek, simple, and user-friendly.
3. Dynamic Information Filtering - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating powerful relational databases that allow for dynamic filtering and ordering of information.
1. Organizational Tools - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the organizational tools industry by developing intuitive database apps that improve workflow and productivity.
2. Collaborative Tools - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the collaborative tools industry by integrating features like @ mentions and collaboration capabilities into database apps.
3. Mobile Productivity - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the mobile productivity industry by creating database apps that are specifically designed for intuitive use on smartphones.