Spotify just launched 'Spotify Codes' as an effortless new way for users to share music with friends.
Spotify Codes work in a similar way to Snapchat's Snapcodes. To generate a code, Spotify users are now able to tap on the "..." symbol next to a track, album or playlist. From there, users are taken to a screen that shows a unique icon that looks like a visualization of sound. These codes can be captured by print, screenshot or shares that will easily direct other users to discover the content. Within Spotify, users are able to load these new codes by clicking on the new camera icon that's has been placed next to the search bar.
As well as being a useful feature for those who are passionate about sharing music, this new tool offers a convenient way for artists to share their work.
'Spotify Codes' Introduces a New Way Share Music with Friends
1. Music-sharing - Social music-sharing codes are revolutionizing the way content is shared and distributed.
2. Streaming Discovery - The integration of social sharing codes allows for new opportunities in music discovery and streaming.
3. Digital Sharing Mechanics - Spotify Codes is part of a growing trend towards new digital mechanics that enable easier sharing experiences.
1. Music Streaming - Spotify Codes is a disruptive innovation for the music streaming industry, providing a new way to easily share content and discover new artists.
2. Social Media - With the rise of music-sharing codes, social media companies are presented with new untapped opportunities in music discovery and sharing.
3. Marketing and Promotion - Music-sharing codes now provide another way for artists and record labels to promote their music through targeted social media sharing campaigns.