The Booby Trap Bras are a collection of sports bras that promote self-defense. Designed by Jennifer Cutrona, each bra features a front pocket which is big enough for either pepper spray or a small knife.
After being attacked by man who had been lurking along the wooded path of her usual trail, Cutrona sewed a sheath into her sports bra so she could carry a knife whenever she runs alone. Shortly after, the fitness guru launched a whole line of patented bras, which offer support and safety for fellow female runners.
Cutrona produces two versions of her sports bras, which are known as Booby Trap Bras. While the Just In Case Knife design features a small pocket for a knife, the Just In Case Pepper Spray Bras offer a slightly bigger pocket for pepper spray cans.
Jennifer Cutrona's Booby Trap Bras are Meant to Keep Runners Safe
1. Self-defense Activewear - Opportunity for retailers to create sportswear with built-in self-defense tools to cater to fitness enthusiasts' safety concerns.
2. Innovative Women's Sportswear - Designers can create women's athletic wear with safety features like concealed pockets to appeal to fashion-forward and safety-conscious buyers.
3. Personal Safety Products - Companies can develop personal safety products that integrate into everyday fashion and accessories, addressing consumer concerns about safety in their daily lives.
1. Sportswear - Sportswear manufacturers can create innovative products that merge safety and style, addressing the demands of the growing safety-conscious fitness market.
2. Self-defense Products - Self-defense product manufacturers can explore opportunities to integrate their products into fashion accessories, such as sports bras, to appeal to a broader consumer base.
3. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to create safety fashionwear that addresses prevalent concerns about personal safety by integrating defense mechanisms into accessories and clothing.