Pendants made out of Spoons
SpoonFed Art, founded by Karin Collins, are pendants made out of spoons! She began fashioning these pendants out of spoons as a means of therapy for an eating disorder and decided to turn it into a business. The pendants feature vibrant colours and unique designs. Each pendant is handmade and comes with a black suede cord or you can choose a white cord or a key ring. You can buy them online or at the LA CAFA Museum Shop. The pendants will be featured in Misha Barton's upcoming ad campaign for Keds and in a new Vera Wang campaign. These stylish little pieces of art will only cost you $85.
1. Spoon-based Jewelry - Designing jewelry from alternative materials opens up an opportunity for resourcefulness in art and fashion.
2. Handmade Accessories - The resurgence of handmade goods offers an alternative to mass-produced fashion products, allowing differentiation in a crowded industry.
3. Art Therapy as Business - Opportunities arise with the transformation of art therapy from a hobby to a viable, money-making business that empowers individuals and small groups.
1. Fashion Accessories - Fashion businesses can benefit from exploring alternative materials in accessories in a climate where consumers value uniqueness and sustainability.
2. Art Therapy - The market for art therapy services is growing due to the importance of mental health, and it offers an opportunity for individuals to turn their hobbies into a useful business.
3. Museum Gift Shops - Museums' gift shops can be opportunities for local artists and artisans to showcase unique, handmade products that match the museum's theme and appeal to visitors.