Domestic Daddy's 'Spectacular Holiday Cake' is a towering take on a traditional Norwegian Christmas dessert. The layers upon layers of puff pastry brought about a culinary work of art, one that would probably be better off photographed than eaten.
The San Francisco and New York based chef and decor expert that is Domestic Daddy followed the style of Norwegian Kransekakes, or simply, 'ring cakes.' The almond-flavored dough is described as more of a chewy cookie, landing this festive centerpiece somewhere between an elaborate biscuit and a baked cruller.
The Spectacular Holiday Cake requires breadcrumbs, flour, egg whites, sugar and lemon juice. While these ingredients may be basic, the detailing comes to the fore via Kransekake pans. The rounded shape gives off the exquisite tiered effect.
The 'Spectacular Holiday Cake' Rises High Above Dining Tables
1. Holiday Dessert Cakes - Creating elevated and towering holiday cakes can attract high-end event hosts who seek attention-grabbing centerpieces.
2. Decorative Desserts - Developing a dessert that not only tastes great but looks visually stunning adds another layer of value and can set dessert suppliers apart from their competitors.
3. Regional Dessert Inspiration - Exploring traditional desserts from around the world can offer inspiration for new dessert creations that capture the spirit of the holiday season and infuse it into new presentations.
1. Food Service - Food service providers can use these recipes and designs to create unique offerings and attract new customer bases.
2. Bakery - Bakeries can tap into this trend by offering elevated, visually compelling desserts for the holiday season.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can use these desserts as a point of inspiration and seek out dessert suppliers who can create visually stunning, attention-grabbing centerpieces for their high-end clients.