It has become quite common now for consumers to seek out ways to distance themselves from their smartphone in a bid to get a bit of digital detox, so the Special Projects 'Envelope' has been created with this in mind.
The simple smartphone paper envelopes are designed to fit neatly over the Google Pixel 3a and will immediately cover the screen to disable idle scrolling. The device will only allow for taking or making calls, performing speed dials and displaying the time to help users reduce the amount of time they spend using the device.
The Special Projects 'Envelope' works with the accompanying app and is intended to help users see how long they can go before they rip open the package to retrieve their device.
The Special Projects 'Envelope' Only Allows Phone Calls
1. Digital Detox - The trend of seeking ways to distance oneself from smartphones creates opportunities for products like the 'Envelope' that limit usage and promote a healthier balance with technology.
2. Minimalist Devices - The rise in demand for simpler and focused smartphone experiences opens up areas for innovation in creating devices or accessories with limited functions and reduced distractions.
3. Mindful Technology - The growing awareness around excessive smartphone use encourages the development of products that help users be more mindful and intentional in their technology consumption.
1. Mobile Accessories - The 'Envelope' and similar products present opportunities for companies in the mobile accessories industry to create innovative solutions that promote healthier smartphone habits.
2. Wellness Technology - The trend of digital detox and mindful technology opens up avenues for the wellness technology industry to develop products that facilitate a more balanced relationship with smartphones.
3. Smartphone Manufacturers - Smartphone manufacturers could explore creating simplified devices or features that cater to users seeking a more minimalist and focused smartphone experience.