Although this space age axe may seem morally questionable, there is most certainly something about it that makes it very appealing. Its design looks traditional and yet it is made of some of the world's most advanced materials.
It comes from renowned knife maker, Jens Anso, who crafted this evil object from high alloy steel, titanium and G10.
Implications - This incredible tool takes something that is hardly exciting and reinvents it in a drastically exciting way. More than anything, this is solid proof that something familiar can become appealing to consumers when it exhibits a completely new level of detail and quality. High craftsmanship isn't dead; however, added features and a little bit of reinterpreting is always helpful.
Futuristic Design Makeovers of Traditional Weaponary
1. Futuristic Weaponry Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: The use of advanced materials and sleek design in traditional weaponry creates a new market for futuristic weapon enthusiasts.
2. Reinventing Traditional Tools - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Applying innovative materials and craftsmanship techniques to mundane tools can transform them into exciting and appealing products.
3. Craftsmanship Revival - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combining traditional craftsmanship with modern technology and features can revive consumer interest in high-quality, handmade products.
1. Weapon Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating advanced materials and futuristic design in traditional weaponry can attract a new generation of weapon enthusiasts.
2. Tool Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating innovative materials and craftsmanship techniques into everyday tools can create a niche market of high-performance and visually appealing products.
3. Artisanal Products - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merging traditional craftsmanship with modern features and materials can cater to the growing demand for unique and high-quality artisanal goods.