The Post Sour Patch Kids Cereal has been announced by the CPG brand as a breakfast option for candy-loving consumers who are sure to get a kick out of the unlikely flavor profile.
Starting sour then turning sweet, the cereal has the same flavor profile as the candy, but with a decidedly more crunchy flavor that is likely to be a hit as consumers seek out more obscurely textured and flavored food varieties. The cereal is part of the branding expansion that has taken place over the past few years with Sour Patch Kids candies, which has included frozen treats, yogurts and more.
The Post Sour Patch Kids Cereal will be available exclusively at Walmart starting on December 26 and will launch more widely in June 2019.
The Post Sour Patch Kids Cereal Starts Sour Then Turns Sweet
1. Sour Candy Cereals - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new flavor profiles and textural experiences in the cereal industry by incorporating unconventional candy flavors.
2. Obscurely Textured Food Varieties - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with unique textures in food products to appeal to adventurous consumers seeking novel sensory experiences.
3. Branding Expansion with Unconventional Flavors - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Extend brand offerings by introducing unconventional flavors in other food categories to attract a wider consumer base.
1. Cereal Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce candy-inspired cereals to tap into the indulgence preferences of consumers looking for unique breakfast options.
2. Confectionery Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with cereal brands to create unconventional candy collaborations, expanding the product range and targeting new market segments.
3. Frozen Treats Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop frozen cereal-based treats with unconventional flavors, appealing to consumers seeking novel dessert experiences.