While group travel options can be a great way for people to explore new places while making friends, it can be hard for some to find options that don't include nights out at bars, or otherwise make it difficult for them to maintain their sobriety when away from home.
This has led to the launch of Sober Outside, a travel company and community founded by Brooke Morton that helps participants create meaningful experiences outdoors, allowing them to pursue their travel goals without feeling like they need to drink in order to connect with their peers. With a focus on nature tours, Sober Outside invites participants to hike mountain peaks, kayak down stunning rivers, scuba dive at tropical beaches, and much more.
While Sober Outside is currently waiting for international travel to become a safe option, the company hopes to curate more sober experiences in 2021, offering supportive travel options for both co-ed and women-only groups.
Image Credit: Sober Outside
Sober Outside Connects Travelers Who Abstain from Alcohol and Drugs
1. Sober Travel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating travel experiences and groups for those who wish to abstain from alcohol and drugs.
2. Nature Adventure Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Providing unique and meaningful experiences in nature for travelers seeking an alternative to traditional group travel activities.
3. Supportive Travel Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing inclusive travel services that cater to all types of travelers, including those in recovery.
1. Travel and Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Transforming group travel to be more inclusive of those who do not drink or use drugs, and providing unique experiences that showcase the beauty of nature.
2. Wellness and Recovery - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Providing supportive services for those in recovery, including opportunities for sober travel, community building, and recreation.
3. Outdoor Recreation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating unique and meaningful outdoor experiences for travelers who seek alternatives to traditional recreational activities that typically include alcohol and drugs.