Snapchat and Vice have partnered for the social media platform's latest venture into branded content.
A way of introducing editorial content to the photo messaging application, Snapchat Discover is "the result of collaboration with world-class leaders in media to build a storytelling format that puts the narrative first.” This is an exciting collaboration for VICE, and other publishers involved, as it will distribute their content (in this case, the VICE Daily Edition) to a much wider, and younger audience. Snapchat's users typically range in age from 13-25, and are incredibly active on the platform, checking it several times throughout the day.
This partnership is one of many that VICE has embarked on in the name of content distribution across mobile and online platforms.
Snapchat and Vice Team Up in a New Business Experiment
1. Branded Content Partnerships - The collaboration between Snapchat and Vice highlights the trend of branded content partnerships, allowing publishers to reach a wider and younger audience.
2. Storytelling Formats - Snapchat Discover's focus on storytelling formats showcases the trend of prioritizing narrative-driven content in social media applications.
3. Youth-centric Media Platforms - The popularity of Snapchat among the 13-25 age group demonstrates the trend of youth-centric media platforms, providing opportunities for engaging and targeted content.
1. Social Media - The collaboration between Snapchat and Vice presents innovative opportunities for the social media industry, particularly in the realm of branded content distribution.
2. Publishing - Publishers, like Vice, can leverage partnerships with platforms like Snapchat to expand their content distribution and reach new audiences, disrupting the traditional publishing industry.
3. Digital Advertising - The rise of branded content partnerships in platforms like Snapchat creates new avenues for digital advertising, allowing brands to reach a younger demographic through engaging storytelling formats.