The Nestlé Smarties Buttons have been announced by the brand as a new option for consumers that will allow them to enjoy the classic flavor and texture of the namesake treat in an alternative format. The product consists of Smarties pieces covered in either white chocolate or milk chocolate and will come in single-serving bags as well as sharing bags. The product will be available through wholesale and convenience store channels to maximize access for consumers.
Smarties Brand Manager Alberto Pisanello spoke on the new Nestlé Smarties Buttons saying, "We know that Smarties hold special memories for so many people, and they are much loved for their bright colours, taste and texture. At the same time, consumers tell us they like their favorite brands to keep things fresh with exciting innovations and new varieties to try. It’s Smarties reimagined, and we are tremendously excited to introduce this new addition to the family. We hope fans love them as much as we do!”
The Nestlé Smarties Buttons Offer Fans a New Format
1. Alternative Candy Formats - The Nestlé Smarties Buttons offer a new format for consumers to enjoy their favorite candy, potentially inspiring other candy brands to explore alternative formats for their products.
2. Flavor and Texture Innovations - The Smarties Buttons' combination of Smarties pieces with white or milk chocolate presents an opportunity for other brands to experiment with unique flavor and texture combinations in their confectionery offerings.
3. Convenience Store Distribution - The availability of Smarties Buttons in convenience stores highlights the potential for other candy brands to expand their distribution channels and reach a wider audience.
1. Confectionery - The candy industry could benefit from exploring alternative formats and innovative flavor combinations to attract more customers.
2. Snack Food - Snack food brands can look to the success of Smarties Buttons and develop new snack options with unique textures and flavors.
3. Wholesale and Distribution - The wholesale and distribution industry can capitalize on the demand for alternative candy formats by offering a wide range of confectionery products to retailers and convenience stores.