The 'Novera' is a smart mirror design concept that was created to provide companionship for lonely people. The design currently only exists as a prototype and boasts the ability to carry out conversations with a user, as well as respond accordingly to emotions by reading one's facial expressions.
The mirror is made up of a camera, a speaker and a monitor display, where the dialogue that comes from the mirror can also be read in the form of text-style speech bubbles. As well as being able to conduct conversations, the mirror also has the ability to answer questions, like many other smart devices with digital assistants that are available today.
Novera offers the voices of three fictional male anime characters, which are actually voiced by three well-known voice actors in Japan.
The 'Novera' Smart Mirror Design Talks and Responds to Emotions
1. Interactive Companionship - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced AI companionship technology to provide emotional support and conversation for lonely individuals.
2. Emotion-responsive Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create products that can read and respond to human emotions, opening up new possibilities for personalized experiences and enhanced interactions.
3. Voice-enabled Smart Devices - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore voice recognition and assistant technology to enable more intuitive and conversational interactions with smart devices.
1. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine AI, IoT, and facial recognition technologies to revolutionize the way people interact with technology and receive emotional support.
2. Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate emotion-responsive technology into healthcare settings to provide companionship and emotional support for patients, particularly those dealing with loneliness or isolation.
3. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate emotion-responsive technology into entertainment experiences, creating immersive and interactive storytelling that adapts to the user's emotional state.