At both the Google and Amazon booths at CES 2020, Toshiba introduced its new smart microwave oven, introducing an intuitive and easy-to-use IoT appliance for the home. The smart microwave oven boasts voice control technology that can be paired with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant so that natural commands can be given to support hands-free use.
As well as having a smart speaker that can be used to define cooking times, and start, pause or stop the reheating process, the smart microwave oven from Toshiba has a dedicated voice command button. As ever, the microwave is equipped with a keypad so that the kitchen appliance can be used in a way that's familiar.
Image Credit: Toshiba
Toshiba Unveiled a Smart Microwave Oven at CES 2020
1. Smart Appliances - The trend of integrating voice assistant technology into home appliances presents an opportunity for companies to create innovative and intuitive smart appliances.
2. Voice Control - The increasing use of voice control technology in microwaves opens up opportunities for companies to develop more convenient and hands-free cooking experiences.
3. Internet of Things (iot) Appliances - The combination of smart features and voice assistant capabilities in appliances like microwaves highlights the potential for IoT integration in various household products.
1. Consumer Electronics and Appliances - The consumer electronics and appliances industry can leverage voice assistant technology to create innovative and connected products.
2. Home Automation - The home automation industry can explore the incorporation of voice control in various household devices, including microwaves, to enhance convenience and connectivity.
3. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Assistants - The AI assistant industry can expand its reach by partnering with appliance manufacturers to integrate voice control capabilities into a wider range of products.