The Slow Horse hotel is literally nestled in the hills of Northern Italy. The ski getaway is shaped much like mountains that surround the structure, seen in the way in which it takes on the exact shape and contours of the adjacent slopes.
An angular roof marks the top of the Slow Horse. A series of concrete spokes also jut out at the bottom, contributing to its remarkably linear feel. And while these features are quite modern, breaking with standard ski getaway spots, slabs of timber add to its homey cabin-esque feel. Together these diverse elements give way to a destination that is both current and classic, a theme that is highly sought after by skiers.
Photo Credits: gizmodo, designboom
The Slow Horse Hotel Resembles the Slopes of Ski Hills
1. Mountain-mimicking Structures - Designing hotels and resorts that imitate the natural shapes and contours of mountains.
2. Modern and Rustic Fusion - Combining modern architectural elements with traditional cabin aesthetics for a unique and desirable destination.
3. Linear and Angular Design - Incorporating angular rooflines and linear features to create a sleek and contemporary look.
1. Hospitality - Disruptive Innovations: Creating hotels that blend seamlessly with the surrounding landscape to offer a one-of-a-kind experience.
2. Architecture and Design - Disruptive Innovations: Developing structures that bring together contrasting styles to appeal to a wide range of customers.
3. Tourism and Travel - Disruptive Innovations: Building ski retreats that offer a modern yet cozy atmosphere, attracting adventure-seeking skiers.