Slice by Snarkitecture, an art and architecture studio based in Brooklyn, New York, is a ping pong table, even if it doesn't resemble one at first glance. Upon closer inspection, the low mid-divider becomes a dead giveaway for its true purpose. A dark and slightly menacing design, it sets the tone for the ensuing matches. Nevertheless, there is a whimsical vibe to Slice by Snarkitecture by way of its bottom portion.
Resembling some kind of topographical landscape, Slice by Snarkitecture definitely has a split personality. While the top is all business, the bottom is a sculptural party. Its sculptural nature is achieved through differently shaped slices, hence its name. When not in use, the ping pong table becomes an art piece.
Slice by Snarkitecture is Not the Average Ping Pong Table
1. Topographical Table Designs - Designing tables with unconventional shapes and forms that cater to both functional usage and aesthetic appeal creates opportunities for unique and conversation-starting pieces of furniture.
2. Multi-functional Sports Equipment - Creating sports equipment with more than one function gives athletes greater versatility and enables them to maximize their physical activity.
3. Sculptural Furniture - Designing furniture pieces with sculptural elements provides opportunities for adding artistic and avant-garde elements to functional living and recreational spaces.
1. Furniture Design - Incorporating unconventional design elements into furniture creates opportunities for artistic expression and unique products.
2. Sports Equipment Manufacturing - Creating sports equipment with aesthetic appeal in addition to functionality opens up opportunities for appealing to a wider range of consumers.
3. Art and Design - Incorporating sports equipment and recreational activities into art and design creates unique and intellectually stimulating pieces that blur the line between utility and art.