Air New Zealand upgrades its Skycouch to deliver comfortable air traveling for individuals, couples, or families. The Skycouch was first showcased back in 2010 and essentially allows flyers to purchase a row of seats with the option for it to be transformed into a Skycouch seat. The elevated new upgrade receives additional footrests that can be opened up to again, transform into a couch across the row of three seats. Additionally, there are also a supply of blankets and pillows.
Some elements of the Skycouch that make it couple-friendly and efficient for families is the 'cuddle belt' and the 'infant pod.' The cuddle belt ensures safety for more than one traveler, providing ease when flying. The infant pod is a bassinet feature that provides additional protection in the air.
Air New Zealand's Skycouch Converts Three Seats Into One
1. Family-friendly Air Travel - Opportunity for more airlines to cater to travelers with young families by creating comfortable and safe seating options like Air New Zealand's Skycouch.
2. Convertible Airplane Seating - Potential for airlines to innovate their seating options to offer convertible seating that can adapt to meet the unique needs of each traveler.
3. Enhanced In-flight Comfort - Growing demand for airlines to provide additional comfort and amenities to enhance the overall in-flight experience for travelers.
1. Airline Industry - There is a growing opportunity for airlines to differentiate themselves by innovating upon and enhancing the comfort and safety of their seating options like Air New Zealand's Skycouch.
2. Family Travel Industry - There is potential for growth in the family travel industry as airlines continue to introduce family-friendly travel options that cater to the unique needs of families.
3. Design Industry - As airlines focus on innovative seating design to provide enhanced comfort and convenience, the design industry will play an increasingly important role in shaping the future of air travel.