The Moller Skycar, a working prototype of a flying car, is for sale on eBay. There are four days left to bid, but you’ll have to surpass the current bid of just over $2 million.
The auction states:
"Own the one and only prototype of the Moller M400 Skycar®. This test vehicle has flown repeatedly and demonstrated its hover capabilities in over a dozen flights at the Moller International facilities in Davis, California. It is our intent to offer it for sale by auction on eBay to raise capital for the Company.”
If you haven’t already seen the video of the Skycar, a flying car, make sure to watch it here on Trend Hunter.
Bidding Millions of Dollars on The Moller M400 Skycar
1. Flying Cars - An increasing interest in flying cars presents opportunities for companies to disrupt the transportation industry by developing and commercializing this futuristic mode of transportation.
2. Online Auctions - The popularity of online auction platforms like eBay provides a disruptive innovation opportunity for entrepreneurs to create new business models and platforms for buying and selling unique items, such as the Moller M400 Skycar.
3. Capital Raising - Using crowdfunding platforms like eBay auctions to raise capital offers a disruptive alternative to traditional fundraising methods for technology companies, as demonstrated by Moller International selling their Skycar prototype.
1. Transportation - The emergence of flying cars creates opportunities for companies to disrupt the transportation industry by providing alternative modes of personal travel that are faster and more efficient.
2. E-commerce - The success of selling the Moller M400 Skycar through an online auction platform like eBay highlights the potential disruptions and innovations that can occur in the e-commerce industry through unique sales methods.
3. Venture Capital - The use of online auctions to raise capital for companies showcases a potential disruption in the venture capital industry, as entrepreneurs can now directly engage with potential investors through crowdfunding platforms.