For the broken-hearted who are looking for a way to rebel against romance this Valentine's Day, Hooters' 'Shred Your Ex' event is the perfect option. Not only will customers get to enjoy the cathartic feeling of destroying their former lovers' picture, but they will also receive some free food to soothe the pain.
Hooters' Shred Your Ex event is a Valentine's Day special for jilted lovers. On February 14th, the restaurant is offering 10 free boneless wings -- with the purchase 10 wings -- to those who bring in a picture of their ex for shredding. For those feeling a little shy, there is an option to Shred Your Ex”online ahead of time for a digital coupon.
Back for the third year in a row, last year's Shred Your Ex promotion saw more than 18,000 people shredding photos for free wings.
Image Credit: Hooters.
Hooters' Shred You Ex Event Rewards Jilted Lovers with Free Food
1. Cathartic Experiences - Creating events or services that provide people with a sense of catharsis and emotional release can be a disruptive innovation opportunity.
2. Alternative Valentine's Day Celebrations - Offering alternative ways to celebrate Valentine's Day, such as the 'Shred Your Ex' event, can tap into the market of individuals who are not interested in traditional romantic activities.
3. Combining Emotional Experiences with Incentives - Integrating emotional experiences with incentives, like offering free food to customers who participate in cathartic activities, can create unique and engaging customer experiences.
1. Event Planning - Event planning companies can explore and organize cathartic experiences for individuals looking to rebel against traditional celebrations like Valentine's Day.
2. Restaurant and Food Services - Restaurants can create special promotions and events that offer incentives to customers, such as free food, by providing unique experiences like the 'Shred Your Ex' event.
3. Digital Coupon Platforms - Digital coupon platforms can partner with businesses to offer exclusive discounts and rewards to customers who engage in online activities, such as shredding their ex's picture digitally.