These shoes by Francesca Castagnacci (an Italian-born fashion designer) are sure to attract plenty of attention. Using special optical fibres woven into fabrics her footwear is something out of a science-fiction fantasy.
Using the concept of Luminex and Photonic fabrics to create texture and stunning optical effects, the shoes by Francesca Castagnacci are works of art that reside on women's feet. The illumination only serves to enhance the architectural nature of the pieces. Click through the gallery to take a look at these magnificent shoes.
The Shoes By Francesco Castagnacci Play With Light and Fibre
1. Luminex Fabric - The use of Luminex fabrics in fashion design has the potential for disruptive innovation in the textile industry.
2. Photonic Textures - Photonic textures in footwear can create a unique niche market for consumers seeking futuristic designs.
3. Optical Effects - Optical effects in fashion wear can lead to ground-breaking innovation in sustainability and eco-friendliness of materials.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can experiment with Luminex fabrics to create interactive clothing and accessories with built-in smart technologies.
2. Footwear Manufacturing - Footwear manufacturers can expand their production line by adding Photonic textures to their footwear designs, as a way of attracting new customers.
3. Textile Industry - The textile industry can utilize the concept of Optical effects to create patterns and designs that do not rely on harmful dyes and chemicals.