Shmat Meat packaging can be describes as rough with its scratchy strokes drawn up with ink or colored pencils. Crosshatching gives dimension to the illustrations of bulls, deer and horses, executed in red and surrounded by hand-doodled typefaces.
Ruslan Simashev's visual technique serves up an element of textural interest that is often missing from food cartons. It would be successful at catching the eye of any buyer, but perhaps most effective at enticing a male consumer base. The designer describes this snack as "severe meat for real men," and with imagery of hunting and heightened emotions of rage, Shmat Meat packaging seems to exude testosterone. Of course, this product would be conveniently available at the grocery store for the modern woodsman to acquire with less exertion.
Shmat Meat Packaging Has a Rough Aesthetic to Appeal to the Rugged Man
1. Rough Aesthetic Packaging - Creating packaging with rough, scratchy strokes and hand-doodled illustrations appeals to consumers seeking a unique and textured visual experience.
2. Gender-specific Marketing - Targeting a specific consumer base, such as the male market, with imagery and messaging that aligns with their interests and preferences can lead to increased brand appeal and sales.
3. Emotional Branding - Using imagery and themes that evoke heightened emotions, like rage and masculinity, can create a strong brand identity and connect with consumers on a deeper level.
1. Food Packaging - The food packaging industry can explore incorporating rough aesthetics and hand-doodled illustrations to create visually captivating packaging that stands out on store shelves.
2. Snack Food - The snack food industry can leverage gender-specific marketing by creating products and packaging that cater to the preferences of different consumer segments, such as targeting male consumers with rugged and masculine imagery.
3. Consumer Goods - Brands in the consumer goods industry can embrace emotional branding to create a strong and memorable brand image that resonates with consumers and drives loyalty.