The Shipley & Halmos Art Stool may not look like it at first, but it was inspired by a classic vintage camping chair. Re-purposed as a seat for the cultured and creative, it is both simple and colorful. Not to mention that it is a very limited-edition piece.
Designed by Sam Shipley and Jeff Halmos, the Shipley & Halmos Art Stool shows that modest furniture pieces that have been created for a specific purpose can be used in other albeit similar ways. With a do-it-yourself aesthetic, this art stool boasts a chromatic hand-painted steel frame and a custom perforated leather seat cushion. Vibrantly playful, it would fit into any space seamlessly.
Funny enough, the Shipley & Halmos Art Stool is described as "decoration or emergency seating for the playoffs," by the designers.
The Shipley & Halmos Art Stool is Simple and Decorative
1. Repurposed Furniture - Creating new uses for furniture designed with a specific purpose in mind.
2. DIY Aesthetic - Designs that are simple and playful with a handmade feel.
3. Limited-edition Products - Creating demand and exclusivity through limited production runs.
1. Furniture Design - Innovating new designs and rethinking the use of traditional materials and techniques.
2. Home Decor - Creating niche products that elevate home decor in new and exciting ways.
3. Fine Art - Marrying function and form in limited-edition pieces that can also be appreciated as works of art.