The Russh Magazine Shake Break Bounce editorial puts model Laura Mullen in motion. Mullen is featured while jumping in each shot, captured here by photographer Andrew Vowles for the April/May 2013 issue of the magazine.
Stylist Hanna Kelifa matched these mid-air snapshots with a series of 90s-inspired ensembles. This theme came through the thin see through dresses, skinny straps, animal patterns and a series of tight, sleek looks. Make up expert Zoe Taylor paired Kelifa's assortment of dark blue, black and grey apparel with similarly muted cosmetics. This was apparent in each image as Mullen sported deep blue eye shadow, dark red lipstick and penciled in eyebrows, channeling appearances that are commonly tied to the decade.
The Russh Magazine Shake Break Bounce Photoshoot Jumps About
1. 90s-inspired Fashion - The mid-motion 90s editorial presents an opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate nostalgic elements into their designs.
2. Action Photography - The Shake Break Bounce photoshoot highlights the potential for brands to utilize dynamic, active imagery in their marketing campaigns.
3. Nostalgic Makeup Looks - Makeup brands can tap into the 90s trend by offering beauty products that recreate vintage, muted looks similar to those seen in the Russh Magazine editorial.
1. Fashion - The editorial is a source of inspiration for fashion brands that want to incorporate retro elements in their designs.
2. Photography - The dynamic, mid-air shots in the editorial suggest opportunities for photographers to experiment with more action-oriented photography styles.
3. Beauty - Makeup brands can use the editorial's nostalgic aesthetic as inspiration for developing new products and marketing campaigns that target consumers interested in vintage beauty looks.