Just for fun at The Waverley Mansion in London, Ontario, Recreation Coordinator, Sarah Urquhart decided that it would be entertaining to put together a senior music video with the residents. The first lipsync video was a parody of Carly Rae Jepson's 'Call Me Maybe,' and this proved to be not only a huge hit with the seniors at The Waverley Mansion, but it also piqued the attention of the media.
Since the first video was created, the group has now created a total of 12 videos. In addition to being purely fun and entertaining, there are a number of benefits for the residents who participate, since it encourages bonding, physical activity, memory, as well as how to use technology and the Internet. Now that the videos have been a hit inside and outside the community, The Waverley Mansion is raising funds on Kickstarter to purchase more specialized camera equipment to keep this fun senior activity going.
The Waverley Mansion Encourages Activity and Education Through Music Videos
1. Senior Music Videos for Social and Health Benefits - The trend of creating music videos for seniors to promote social bonding, physical activity, and memory improvement while having fun can be expanded to other senior living facilities or even adult daycare centers.
2. Multimedia Activities for Seniors - Creating fun and engaging multimedia activities such as music videos can be a disruptive innovation for the senior living industry, providing facilities the opportunity to offer dynamic and unique experiences for their residents.
3. Crowdfunding for Senior Activities - Crowdfunding campaigns such as The Waverley Mansion's Kickstarter project to purchase specialized camera equipment can be a trend to support unconventional senior activities that can lead to health benefits and overall well-being.
1. Senior Living Facilities - Senior living facilities can implement creative activities like music videos to improve the quality of life of their residents, creating a unique differentiation that can drive more business and revenue.
2. Video Production Services for Seniors - Video production services for seniors and senior living facilities can be a new industry, providing creative and innovative ways for residents to enjoy activities and engage with their families and loved ones.
3. Healthcare and Wellness Industries - The healthcare and wellness industries can benefit from the trend of senior music videos as a way to encourage physical activity and social interaction for an aging population, creating new products and services to cater to this growing market.