'The Terrace' is a seasonal bar on Pier A in Battery Park in Manhattan. As an expansion of the award-winning BlackTail, the new activation specializes in craft cocktails.
Aside from the menu, the structural aesthetic of the seasonal bar is what sets it apart. The appearance is reminiscent of "Hemingway's beloved fishing boat." To reach full authenticity, the establishment is built with traditional boat materials and methods. Because of this, the container-based destination will surely capture interest and make for a unique experience for visiting parties.
In developing the architectural concept for The Terrace, SG Blocks, Inc. used its proprietary material -- GreenSteel, which is then customized to fit the necessities of the seasonal bar. For this project, the company worked closely with architectural design and fabrication group Elle Woodworking.
SG Blocks Builds This Bar with Its Signature GreenSteel Product
1. Container-based Bars - Opportunity to disrupt the bar industry by creating unique and eco-friendly container-based bar structures for seasonal events.
2. Boat-inspired Aesthetic - Innovative opportunity to incorporate boat-inspired design and building methods into various industries for unique and visually appealing structures.
3. Proprietary Building Materials - Opportunity to develop and utilize proprietary building materials like GreenSteel to create sustainable and customizable structures for various industries.
1. Hospitality - Incorporating container-based and eco-friendly building methods in the hospitality industry could create unique and memorable experiences for customers.
2. Event Planning - Using boat-inspired design methods can help event planners create visually appealing structures with a unique aesthetic for any occasion.
3. Construction and Architecture - Developing new eco-friendly and proprietary building materials could disrupt construction and architecture industries with customizable and sustainable options.