New Balance adds yet another tonal iteration of its iconic Made in USA 990v3 sneaker model for the season with the Sea Salt iteration. It has mesh underlays for breathability and then overlaid with hits of leather for a premium feel, which is also notably done up in the Sea Salt hue.
There are then smaller touches of Rain Cloud that decorate the collars, the N logos on the lateral side of the sneaker, and the toe boxes. Contrasting hues can be seen on the tongue, which is designed in a textured black finish and complete with red New Balance branding details. It sits on top of a creamy midsole foundation to give it a vintage look.
Image Credit: New Balance
New Balance's 990v3 Sneaker Gets a Sea Salt Colorway
1. Vintage Sneakers - The resurgence of vintage aesthetics in sneakers presents opportunities to create new designs with classic elements.
2. Tonal Sneakers - The trend of tonal sneakers allows for creativity with unexpected color combinations.
3. Premium Material Sneakers - The use of premium materials in sneakers is becoming increasingly popular, presenting opportunities to innovate with sustainable and ethically-sourced materials.
1. Footwear - Footwear companies can leverage the vintage and tonal trends to create unique, standout designs and explore new materials.
2. Fashion - The vintage and tonal trends in sneakers can also translate to other areas of fashion, such as apparel and accessories.
3. Sustainable Fashion - The trend of using premium, eco-friendly materials in sneakers provides opportunities for sustainable fashion companies to create innovative and stylish footwear options.