Companies are constantly trying to reverse the effect of desensitization their ad campaigns have on consumers and McDonald's may have figured out one way with screenshot coupons. It has turned its mobile banner ads into coupons. All a person needs to do in order to actually use them is to screenshot the "ad" and then show it at a restaurant.
McDonald's are outfitted with scanners big enough to read such mobile screenshot coupons, making the whole experience seamless and beneficial. The screenshot coupons were created by Isobar, an ad agency based in Warsaw, Poland. Super simple and playfully interactive, this is a great way to incorporate such technology into the new age of marketing. People won't even realize that they are being marketed to -- at least some of them won't.
McDonald's Experiments with a Different Kind of Mobile Marketing
1. Screenshot Coupons - More companies may experiment with turning their mobile banner ads into coupons, utilizing technology to provide a seamless and interactive experience.
2. Reverse Desensitization - Incorporating playful and interactive elements may be an effective way to reverse the desensitization consumers often feel towards traditional advertisements.
3. Mobile Marketing Innovations - Mobile marketing strategies may continue to evolve, incorporating technology to create unique and memorable experiences for consumers.
1. Fast Food - Fast food chains may adopt screenshot coupon technology to enhance their mobile marketing strategies and increase foot traffic to restaurants.
2. Advertising - Advertising agencies may explore playful and interactive approaches to reverse ad desensitization and create more effective and memorable campaigns for clients.
3. Technology - Technology companies may develop new tools and platforms to facilitate the use of screenshot coupons and other innovative mobile marketing strategies.