Fashion lookbooks usually involve makeup artists, hairstylists, lighting, sets and fancy cameras. Scott Sternberg and his company Band of Outsiders has a habit of ignoring all of that, and for his Fall/Winter 2009 lookbook he did it again, photographing a casually dressed Marisa Tomei.
The lookbook by Scott Sternberg was shot by the designer himself using an old Polaroid camera. I love the results; the lookbook is a grainy and fun collection of images that seem modernly retro (if that’s possible). Indeed they are a Band of Outsiders.
Scott Sternberg Creates an Impromptu Campaign with Marisa Tomei
1. Retro-inspired Lookbooks - Fashion lookbooks featuring retro style photography techniques.
2. DIY Lookbooks - Lookbooks created with basic equipment by the designers themselves.
3. Natural Lookbooks - Lookbooks featuring a casual, unretouched and real-life style.
1. Fashion Industry - Fashion brands and designers can leverage retro-inspired lookbooks to differentiate themselves from competitors.
2. Photography Industry - Photographers can offer DIY lookbook services to fashion brands and designers.
3. Marketing Industry - Marketers can leverage natural lookbooks to appeal to consumers looking for a more authentic approach to fashion.