As an avid cyclist, I know the greasy mess a broken or displaced chain can leave behind so it is with hopeful anticipation that I await the rise of the Schwinn Csepel Zrt. 'Stringbike.' A revolutionary cycle innovation, this prototype could see the end of bike chains forever.
Basically, the Schwinn Csepel Zrt. 'Stringbike' employs the use of wires instead. According to Dvice, "The pedal assembly consists of kidney-shaped eccentric discs, a swinging unit and the transmission. Those discs work like gears do on a traditional bike, and they can be swapped out for different-sized discs depending on what sort of riding you'll be doing."
The Schwinn Csepel Zrt. 'Stringbike' Uses Wires Instead of Chains
1. Wire-based Bikes - The rise of wire-based bikes presents disruptive innovation opportunities for bike manufacturers to create a cleaner and more efficient alternative to chain-based cycles.
2. Gear-disc Assembly - The integration of kidney-shaped eccentric discs as a replacement for gears presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the development of new and advanced pedal assemblies.
3. Chainless Drivetrains - The adoption of chainless drivetrains presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the cycling industry to improve the sustainability and overall experience of bike riders.
1. Bike Manufacturing - Bike manufacturers can utilize wire-based bikes to revolutionize the cycling industry by providing a cleaner alternative to chain-based cycles.
2. Pedal Assembly - Pedal assembly developers can take advantage of gear-disc technology assembly to design advanced and versatile systems to improve bike performance and ride quality.
3. Sustainability - Chainless drivetrains can open up disruptive innovation opportunities for the cycling industry to develop sustainable bikes with a longer lifespan and reduced environmental impact.