Scarlet Witch is the newest character to enter the Fortnite universe following the release of ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.’
Scarlet Witch is also known as Wanda Maximoff in the Doctor Strange universe, and is being introduced as part of Fortnite’s Chapter 3: Season 2 Battle Pass. The character bundle includes a new ‘Back Bling,’ ‘Pickaxe,’ and loading scene. The Scarlet Witch outfit and ‘Back Bling’ light up with ‘Chaos Magic’ when inflicting damage onto opponents. The ‘Chaos Hand Axe Pickaxe’ is available separately along with the ‘Psychic Energy Manipulation Emote.’
Fans can purchase items individually or as a bundle to gain access to all of the items. Scarlet Witch is now available in the Fortnite Item Shop.
Image Credit: Fortnite
Scarlet Witch Joins the Fortnite Universe with a New Item Bundle
1. Celebrity Crossover Characters in Video Games - Fortnite's introduction of Scarlet Witch demonstrates a trend of popular media characters being added to video games to attract wider audiences.
2. Interactive Merchandise - Fortnite's Scarlet Witch bundle offers fans more than just a new character skin, but also additional items such as a pickaxe and back bling, creating a trend of interactive merchandise in the gaming industry.
3. In-game Events with Real-world Connections - Fortnite's inclusion of Scarlet Witch as part of a movie release event shows a trend of video game events integrating with real-world media events for novelty and marketing opportunities.
1. Video Games - Video game developers can capitalize on the trend of adding popular media characters to their games to increase engagement and attract new audiences.
2. Merchandise - The interactive merchandise trend in the gaming industry offers opportunities for companies to create physical products that enhance the gaming experience.
3. Entertainment - The integration of in-game events with real-world media events offers opportunities for entertainment companies to cross-promote their products and leverage the popularity of successful video games.