The Satu Maraanen Spring/Summer 2014 collection catalog pays tribute to a range of cultural visual inspirations. This artful line of womenswear was recently awarded the Grand prix at this year’s Hyeres Festival, shown at Premiére Vision in Paris.
Focusing on intricate craftsmanship details, the Finnish designer plays with sculptural shapes and exaggerated proportions when creating her bold garments. With a mix of architectural forms with vivid and hand-painted textile techniques, the Satu Maraanen Spring/Summer 2014 collection pays homage to an ethnic aesthetic that borrows from various international cultures.
Whether playing up her oriental references, showcasing modernized sombrero accessories or showing love to her native nation of Finland, the visionary designer creates intriguing clothing compositions that are worthy of a contemporary couture status.
The Satu Maraanen Spring/Summer 2014 Collection is Eclectically Elegant
1. Cultural Couture - The fusion of different global aesthetics in fashion design creates an opportunity for cross-cultural appreciation.
2. Artistic Craftsmanship - Intricate and unique attention to detail in fashion design celebrates hand-made techniques and individuality.
3. Exaggerated Proportions - Exploration of exaggerated shapes and sizes in fashion design creates an opportunity for impactful and daring apparel.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry has the opportunity to embrace cultural fusion and artistic craftsmanship techniques to innovate new designs.
2. Textile - The textile industry can benefit from partnerships with design houses to create unique textiles that celebrate global aesthetics.
3. Arts and Culture - The arts and culture industry can promote cross-cultural appreciation through collaborations that showcase the fusion of different global aesthetics in fashion design.