While some people are guilty of Googling before and after pictures of celebrities, I find the 'Back from the Future' project by Sander Koot far more fascinating. Each of these portraits reenact specific photos from individuals' pasts.
As opposed to just showing then and now pictures of these individuals, Sander Koot has his muses directly mimic their poses from the past. I would love to have a portrait done of me posing like this, although I may have to age a little more for it to be as entertaining as these.
Implications - Along with the prominent retro revival that has been seen in a big way recently, people and artists alike cannot resist revisiting their pasts. Products or services that allow consumers to take themselves back to a earlier era will continue to be favored as a refreshing contrast to the abundance of futuristic products.
Sander Koot's 'Back from the Future' Project Shows Then and Now
1. Retro Revival - The trend of revisiting the past and embracing retro aesthetics presents opportunities for products or services that offer a nostalgic experience.
2. Personalized Portraits - The demand for unique and personalized portraits that mimic poses from the past provides opportunities for photographers or artists to offer customized photo sessions.
3. Futuristic Contrast - As futuristic products dominate the market, there is a growing demand for products or experiences that provide a refreshing contrast by channeling the nostalgia of the past era.
1. Photography - The photography industry can capitalize on the demand for personalized portraits that recreate specific poses from individuals' pasts.
2. Art - Artists can explore the trend of retro revival by creating unique pieces that evoke a sense of nostalgia and allow individuals to reconnect with their past.
3. Fashion - The fashion industry has an opportunity to tap into the retro revival trend by creating clothing and accessories that embrace the styles of the past and cater to consumers seeking a nostalgic experience.