Pillsbury announced the 'Pillsbury Shape Flag Sugar Cookie Dough, Salute to Service,' a ready-to-bake frozen cookie product that supports military families. To create this product, Pillsbury partnered with 'Operation Homefront,' a San Antonio-based nonprofit organization dedicated to helping military families adjust to their post-military lives. These ready-to-bake cookies were released just in time for events such as Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.
The Pillsbury ready-to-bake cookie line is simple and easy to use. All of the preparation is already complete in the box, meaning customers must simply pre-heat their oven, put the cookies on a tray, and cook for the specified amount of time. One box contains 20 pre-cut cookies, and the boxes are available at an SRP of three boxes for eight dollars.
These cookie boxes are not just for promotion, though, as each box contains a special code that can be entered online at Pillsbury's microsite dedicated to the initiative. For each code entered, Pillsbury will donate 10 cents to Operation Homefront, up to a maximum of $150,000.
Image Credit: Pillsbury
Pillsbury Partnered with Operation Homefront to Support Vets
1. Charitable Food Products - Other food brands can partner with charities to create similar products and generate donations.
2. Ready-to-bake Convenience - Other companies can innovate by creating convenient, ready-to-bake products that cater to busy customers.
3. Holiday-themed Foods - Food brands can release special holiday-themed products for events throughout the year to drive sales.
1. Food and Beverage - Other food and beverage companies can follow Pillsbury's lead and create charitable initiatives that align with their brand values.
2. Nonprofit Organizations - Nonprofit organizations can explore potential partnerships with food brands to create unique fundraising opportunities.
3. Retail - Retail companies can capitalize on the popularity of holiday events by stocking and promoting themed food products.