Resembling the modernist set of a black-and-white film, the Saint Laurent flagship store by Hedi Slimane boasts the fashion designer's sharp and simplistic vision.
Hedi Slimane is known for his signature aesthetic, made famous through his raw photographs and rebellious designs for french fashion house, Saint Laurent, formerly Yves Saint Laurent.
Located in the heart of London, the Saint Laurent flagship store speaks of his minimalist aesthetic and pairs together tones of black and white. The interior's finishes are bare and combine monochromatic marble and concrete materials with mirrored and metal details. These elements are lit by a set of linear fixtures that bathe the shop's space with clean, white light.
Slimane was influenced by the French Modernist Movement when creating this retail concept, a space described as an "ode to simplicity and high quality materials."
Hedi Slimane's Saint Laurent Flagship Boasts the Designer's Aesthetic
1. Monochromatic Retail Design - Retailers can take inspiration from the Saint Laurent flagship store's simplistic use of black and white tones in their own monochromatic store designs.
2. Minimalist Lighting Design - Fashion and retail brands can incorporate Slimane's use of linear lighting fixtures to create clean, white lighting in their own minimalist store concepts.
3. French Modernist Influences in Retail Design - Retailers can incorporate French Modernist Movement elements into their store designs, as Slimane did with the Saint Laurent flagship store, to create a unique and sophisticated look.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can incorporate Slimane's minimalist design ideas to create sophisticated and modern store concepts that showcase their brand vision.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can take inspiration from Slimane's use of monochromatic color schemes and materials to create modern, minimalist designs for commercial spaces.
3. Architecture - Architects can look to Slimane's retail design approach to create functional and visually appealing spaces that focus on high-quality materials and simplicity.