Safe Minicabs is a UK startup founded by 25-year-old Jayesh Hirani, a graduate from Kingston University. The company aims to provide UK residents with a central booking platform that offers information on the cab company -- its contact information, where it is located and whether it is reputable.
By doing so, Safe Minicabs will ensure that passengers receive safer taxi rides. Available as a mobile app for Android, iPhone and BlackBerry phones, Safe Minicabs also offers passengers the ability to look for the cheapest price and the most convenient (therefore, faster) cab. Essentially, customers who use the app can search for fare quotes from local cab companies. They can also keep a history of their bookings in the event that they want to use the same taxi firm again, says Wired UK.
Safe Minicabs, which is supported by the Camden Council and has received funding from the UnLtd Foundation and Kingston University, is currently available in London but set to roll out across the UK next year.
UK's Safe Minicabs Offers Passengers a Safer & More Convenient Ride
1. Central Booking Platform - The trend of central booking platforms for taxi services presents a disruptive innovation opportunity to enhance safety and convenience for passengers.
2. Mobile App Integration - The trend of integrating mobile apps with taxi services provides an opportunity for passengers to access fare quotes, book rides, and view booking history, all in one place.
3. Marketplace for Fare Comparison - The trend of creating marketplaces that allow passengers to compare fare quotes from multiple local cab companies opens up opportunities for cost savings and faster cab booking.
1. Ride-hailing & Taxi Services - The ride-hailing and taxi services industry can leverage central booking platforms and mobile app integration to improve safety, convenience, and customer experience.
2. Mobile App Development - The mobile app development industry can seize opportunities to create innovative solutions that integrate fare comparison, booking history, and convenient cab booking for passengers.
3. Marketplace Aggregation - The marketplace aggregation industry can disrupt the taxi services landscape by providing a platform for passengers to compare fare quotes and choose the most suitable cab options.