Yes, skateboarding and BMX are extreme sports, but is it as epic as what's portrayed in this 'Ryan Doyle Parkour in Mardin' clip?
Parkour is a method of movement that teaches practitioners to navigate through obstacles with speed and efficiency. It's a little different from free running, although the latter does incorporate skills from the former. Red Bull's latest campaign shows off this discipline in the 'Ryan Doyle Parkour in Mardin' video. Throughout the clip, the audience is taken through Doyle's incredible acrobatic movements as he rolls and jumps walls in one of Turkey's most beautiful cities. The parkour artist discusses his love for what he does as well as what he's discovered in the locale that he's making his playground.
Ryan Doyle Parkour in Mardin Shows Incredible Athletic Ability
1. Parkour Training Facilities - As parkour becomes more popular, there is an opportunity to create specialized training facilities that mimic the urban environment for practitioners to train safely.
2. Virtual Reality Parkour Platforms - Virtual Reality presents an opportunity to create parkour platforms where users can experience the discipline in a safe, controlled environment.
3. Parkour-based Fitness Programs - Gyms and fitness centers can create innovative fitness programs based on the principles of Parkour, attracting new audiences and offering a fresh, engaging workout experience.
1. Sports and Recreation - As interest in Parkour grows, the sports and recreation industry can create specialized equipment, gear and facilities to cater to the needs of practitioners.
2. Entertainment - There is an opportunity to create shows, movies or documentaries that feature parkour, presenting the showcase the discipline to a wider audience.
3. Education - Parkour can be used as an educational tool to teach movement, spatial awareness, and problem-solving skills, creating opportunities for schools and educational institutions to integrate it into curricula.